Satisfied in You.

I struggle daily to find God as my source of joy and satisfaction. I search for things beyond His love. I always come up empty. It is a struggle I share with many. We all search for different things to fill the empty void in our life that can only be filled by our Father.

My favorite Psalm is 42. It defines my struggle and reminds me that my greatest hunger should be to know Christ. 

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm 42:1-2

I wish I could say my soul is like the deer. I struggle to hunger for the taste of the only real thing in this life. The only One who I can always rely on and who loves me despite my infinite flaws and failures. I do want to know my Creator. I want to stop searching for His love elsewhere and just be satisfied in Him. 

It seems that every time my soul is cast down from my wayward searching, God points me back to this passage and the final verse. We have the hope of a Savior who loves us beyond any comprehension. It brings me peace and reminds me where my satisfaction comes from. 

"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." Psalm 42:11

Check out the song "Satisfied in You" by The Sing Team, which is based on Psalm 42.
http://youtu.be/A7O7LQpQaoc

Comments

  1. I love your honesty, God will honor that. Please know I am praying for you to gain confidence in who you are in Christ. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts