Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

I started watching the show Friday Night Lights towards the end of my freshman year. The series has five seasons and ended in 2011. It follows the coaches, players, and friends of the Dillon High School football team in Dillon, Texas. After one episode I was hooked. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a new show to watch and like football. 

I watch it in my free time or when I need a break. Or on days like today where I can't seem to get my head on straight. I am almost done with season three, so that tells you how often I am able to watch it.

I love this show because it has football and the head coach and his wife, Coach Eric Taylor and Tammy Taylor, are phenomenal. They take care of the students in the school. On multiple occasions this couple go above and beyond to help someone out. They represent the motto for the Dillon Panthers. 

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

This motto is somewhat cheesy, but full of truth. And I'm not just talking about football or a great TV show. 

We should keep our eyes clear. Do not let anything block our vision. We (and by we, I mean I) get so caught up in this world. I let the trials and drama and temptations cloud my eyes. My eyes need to be clear, so I turn to my Father. I need to see Him and know His plans far outweigh those of this world.

Our hearts should be filled with the love of Christ, but it is so often occupied by hatred or bitterness or anger or guilt. Fill in the blank with what your heart is filled with. The way we live our life is radically changed when our hearts are filled with God's love rather than our sin.

When our eyes are clear to see God's plan and beauty and our hearts are filled with His love, we can't lose. Sure, trials and temptation will come, but He has already won. And this is a truth filled with hope and peace.

Let us live: "Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts