Body and Spirit

I am not a poet, writer, journalist, or skilled at writing in any form, but I figured I would try out blogging. So, if you are reading this and expecting it to be a phenomenal piece of literature or inspirational writing, then I would kindly advise you to stop reading and look elsewhere.
That being said, I have decided to start a blog to let the world know about what I am learning (mainly outside of school), who I am becoming, and the small revelations I sometimes have. Its also for me. To remind me of those things I have learned and the revelations I am too quick to forget.
One of those revelations I forget too often is that I am here on this earth to glorify God. With Body and Spirit, thus the title of the blog. 1 Corinthians 6 tells us to glorify him in our body and spirit and later in chapter 10 we are told that whether we eat or drink, everything we do should be dome for God's glory. I stumbled across the latter verse towards the end of my senior year of high school and thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't connect the dots until this summer.
FreshThing is our first catalytic event as students in the Winshape College Program. All the freshman chickens spend an entire week getting to know each other and begin living the Winshape Way. In short, it is a fun-filled, worship-filled, spectacular week making all of us ready for school to start. It was during FreshThing that I was reintroduced to this concept of glorifying God in all we do.
When Garland first dived into this topic, I thought, "Oh yeah! I know this stuff. I've read these verses. What a good kid I must be". But then I realized I had no idea what he was talking about. Everything we do is for God's glory. Not just when we are at church or around our Christian friends or when we are having a good day. We are to glorify Him when we just failed our first psych test and when we are around our non-Christian friends and even when we are eating nasty food from D hall. 
Why? Because He created the world. He created peace. He created you and me. And when sin entered the world, He sent prophets to help the Israelites. A lot of prophets because they would follow God and then disobey him. Over and over and over again. And then He sent Jesus because He knew prophets couldn't save the world from sin. However, God in the flesh can save us. Jesus restored God's kingdom and redeemed creation. He interpreted and fulfilled the scriptures. And then He died on a cross and was raised three days later, not just to save the world from its sin. He did that to show God's glory.
And this is why we should also glorify God in both our Body and Spirit in all we do.

Comments

  1. I love to read blogs, and it's even better when I get to learn how God is working in the lives of my kids!
    College is a great place to learn, especially outside the classroom. Thanks for sharing.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts