You Are Not Entitled

I am not entitled.

But I think I am.

I think that if I want something, I should get it.

I think God owes me something.

But He doesn't.

I think I have waited long enough, 

I should be in a relationship by now.

I think I have worked hard for my degree

I shouldn't have to prove myself to someone who doesn't know me.

I think I can change the world.

But I can't.

I am nothing without Christ.

My culture tells me I am entitled.

My God tells me I am loved

But I am not entitled.

My culture tells me you can do whatever you want

My God says He has a plan for my life.

I am not entitled.

My culture tells me to forget the haters

My God tells me to love them

I am not entitled

My culture tells me to do what makes me happy

My God tells me to love the unlovable

I am not entitled

My culture tells me I am entitled

My God tells me I have received grace

No, I am not entitled

Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11

Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. 
Romans 5:2-5

Comments

Popular Posts