Not A Wasteland

Today we ventured to John Day Fossil Bed in nowhere, Oregon. While there we went on a short hike through the Blue Basin. There was no wind, no wildlife, and the basin was more of a green gray color. 

I was almost at the end and in the middle of the basin. I was mentally and verbally complaining about the heat and lack of luster. I like lush  greens, stunning views, and shade. In my mind this place was a wasteland.

As I came around the last bend it hit me. This place is not a wasteland. Nothing on this earth is despite our opinion on it. The Blue Basin and the surrounding landscape was created by God; therefore, it is beautiful. 

Too often I look at people in the same way I looked at the Blue Basin. Broken, worn down by erosion, and not beautiful. People are also God's creation and that should be my viewpoint.

Just as He created the Earth, He created each of us. We are beautiful because we are made in our Father's image. We are also broken because of the world we live in. We are sinful people at our core; however, we are still God's creation and He makes all things new and beautiful. In and through Christ we are whole.

The Blue Basin is not a wasteland, but a beautiful mark of creation declaring Our Creator's glory. We are not wastelands either. Let us declare God's glory as the Earth does.

Comments

Popular Posts