No Fear in Love

I am by no means a morning person. I wake up in just enough time to get ready and make it to class or work right on time. Usually give or take a few minutes. With that said, my time spent in the Word and quiet time is at night. And I wanted to share the beauty that is God's word to us tonight.

"There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment." 1 John 4:18

As I'm reading this I think of the definition of fear. It is defined as concern or anxiety (via dictionary.com). There is no anxiety or concern for what is to come in God's perfect love for us. 
"And God showed his love for us by sending his only Son into the world, so that we might have life through him. This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven." 1 John 4:9, 10
[How cool is that! That was a little side track from what I was going to next, but it is so incredible! I couldn't help but share it.]

The end of verse 18 says fear is tied to punishment. It makes so much more sense now! No fear for those in the Father's perfect love because we have no fear of punishment or condemnation! 

How awesome! I love reading and sharing this! 

Comments

Popular Posts