Back to Preschool

This semester I took my first ECE course, EDU 227. AKA: Preschool Curriculum Methods. It is typically taken during sophomore year, but I was eager to take a major course amongst the swarm of gen. eds.
On the first day of class, I discovered I am the only freshman taking the course. I was not excited. A class with people who I didn't know and I was the baby. Cool.
Also, there was a day we went to the Kindermusik room to learn about music from my mom. Ms. Ann (my professor and work supervisor) lovingly pointed out the fact that it was with Carrie's mom. I wasn't sure whether I should be nervous, excited, embarrassed, or all of the above.
Out of the ten other people in the class, I vaguely knew three. Two I worked with at the Child Development Center and the other I had a previous class with. I chose to sit at the table with the latter of the three and another girl, whom I didn't know. I quickly found out they are both RA's in Ford.
I couldn't help but think it was going to be a long semester.
When I am wrong, I'll admit it.
I was wrong.
This was my favorite class of the year. I got to play, teach, learn, and make new friends. The two Ford RA's who I sat with all year are precious. They are silly and always know how to make me laugh! I love to see them outside of class and refer to them as Miss Mattie or Miss Kendra. I have many fun memories playing with oobleck, putting the human body together, making patterns out of dinosaurs, and (our favorite) eating with Kendra and Mattie.
I didn't get to spend as much time with the other girls in my class, but they were equally fun. I see them in D hall or around campus and we talk about class and lesson plans and what Ms. Ann or Dr. Marlow said that made us laugh.
They made me feel included and filled me with joy and excitement for my other education classes! Taking this class was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I will miss it greatly!
So, Ms. Ann and Dr. Marlow, thank you for making learning fun and teaching us how to do the same!
Kendra and Mattie, thanks for letting me sit at the best table and sharing lots of laughs with me.
Ruth, Karleigh, Abby, Mattie, Nicole, Kendra, Emily, Megan, Sarah, and Kylie, I could not have asked for a better group of teachers to take this class with! You are all going to be phenomenal and cute teachers! Good luck with Junior Block!

Comments

  1. The answer is all of the above! As I recall, you learned something about yourself that day. Here's to many more FUN and educational classes as you prepare to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha none of the above were true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts